The Learning Lotus® Approach to the Calm and Compassionate
Today’s teachers are faced with ever-growing demands, facing the highest level of student
need and teacher burn-out in recent decades.
This powerful, highly-practical workshop provides teachers with tools necessary for promoting
increased mental health, supporting academic achievement, and supported social-emotional
learning, all easily and quickly incorporated into your school day.
Research tells us that daily mindfulness activities, focused and controlled breathing exercises,
and classroom culture benefit every area of mental, physical and intellectual development.
The Learning Lotus Approach ® introduces teachers to:
- The brain’s response to stress, and simple exercises to bring it to a state of calm
- The mind-body connection and it’s impact on behavior and learning
- Understanding the connection between calm, focused brains and the learning process
- The ability to assess the need to calm body and brain vs. energize it
- Over 30 learning actions to anchor breathing, improve visualization, lower reactivity and
promote self-regulation of actions and emotions….ALL 7 minutes or less!
- Opportunity to practice techniques so you are ready to use them immediately and
- The importance of developing a personal mindfulness/compassion practice
Contact Learning Lotus® today to learn how to make your professional development time
TRULY benefit your students and staff!